The ideal candidate loves solving spatial problems with high precision, is familiar with construction methods, and is good with Tekla and Solidworks. This person would initially spend most of their time generating facade and specialty structure fabrication and shop drawings. This person would have growth opportunities to become a façade expert with time. In most capacities, the candidate would be assisted and guided by others at the firm.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with senior staff to produce precise, accurate, and logical fabrication drawings for the bespoke building façade components
- Working with senior staff to produce façade drawings in all design phases
- Producing 3D models to assist in coordination of drawings/installation
- Interacting with fabricators to understand their capabilities and needs so as to create buildable drawings
- Interacting with architectural clients, owners, manufacturers, and contractors during design assist, schematic design, and design development to understand façade needs and assist with design decision-making
- Communicating with the client to establish their needs, and maintaining a dialogue throughout the project
- Strong knowledge of Tekla and Solidworks, bachelors’ level education in architecture, structural engineering, or relevant trade preferred.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented disposition
- Great at following or creating a rigorous schedule
- 2-4 years’ work experience in architecture or fabrication
- Proficiency in 3D computer modeling in Rhino, Revit
- Proficiency in 2D drafting in CAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and understanding of Adobe Creative Suite/ Bluebeam
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to identify and solve problems using available resources
- Ability to work independently as well as in team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rigorous environment
Our New York City office gets great light from three sides and includes a great outdoor terrace designed and built internally for our parties/barbecues. Hope to see you soon!